The Athens Riviera is a beautiful stretch of coastline that extends along the southern edge of Athens. It is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, offering a variety of beaches, waterfront cafes and restaurants, and beautiful natural scenery.
The main attraction of the Athens Riviera is its beaches, which offer crystal-clear waters and beautiful golden sands. Some of the most popular beaches include:
- Glyfada Beach: Located in the heart of the Athens Riviera, Glyfada Beach is a long stretch of sandy beach with crystal-clear waters. It is popular with locals and visitors alike and offers a range of facilities, including sunbeds, umbrellas, and beach bars.
- Vouliagmeni Beach: This beautiful beach is located in the coastal suburb of Vouliagmeni and is known for its stunning natural scenery. The beach is surrounded by rocks and hills, giving it a secluded and peaceful feel.
- Astir Beach: Located in the upscale suburb of Vouliagmeni, Astir Beach is a luxurious beach with crystal-clear waters and white sand. The beach is surrounded by upscale cafes and restaurants, making it a popular destination for those looking for a more upscale beach experience.
In addition to its beaches, the Athens Riviera is also known for its beautiful waterfront promenade, which extends along the coast from Faliro to Vouliagmeni. The promenade is lined with cafes, restaurants, and shops, and offers stunning views of the sea.
The Athens Riviera is also home to several other attractions, including the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, which is located at the southernmost point of the Riviera and offers breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea.
Overall, the Athens Riviera is a great destination for those looking for beautiful beaches, stunning natural scenery, and a relaxed and luxurious atmosphere. It is easily accessible from Athens city center and offers a range of attractions for visitors of all ages.
Keratea is a small town located in the southeastern part of the Attica region in Greece. It is situated on the coast of the Aegean Sea, approximately 20 kilometers from Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens. The town is surrounded by hills and mountains, and the area is known for its natural beauty and picturesque landscapes.
Some of the popular attractions in Keratea include:
- Kaki Thalassa Beach: This beach is located just outside the town of Keratea and is known for its crystal-clear waters and beautiful scenery. The beach is surrounded by rocky cliffs and is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- Temple of Poseidon: Located on the southern tip of the Attica peninsula, the Temple of Poseidon is a well-preserved ancient temple that was built in the 5th century BC. It is situated on a hill overlooking the sea and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Lavrio: This small town is located about 20 kilometers south of Keratea and is known for its rich mining history. It is home to several museums and archaeological sites, including the ancient theater of Thorikos and the Archaeological Museum of Lavrion.
- Mount Hymettus: This mountain range is located to the north of Keratea and is a popular destination for hiking and outdoor activities. It offers stunning views of the Attica region and the Aegean Sea, and is home to a variety of flora and fauna.
- Pefka is known for its natural beauty, with lush forests and scenic hiking trails that attract visitors who want to explore the great outdoors. The area is also known for its picturesque beaches, including the nearby Kaki Thalassa Beach.Visitors to Pefka can enjoy a range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, mountain biking, and swimming. The area is also known for its traditional cuisine, which includes local dishes made with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. Pefka is a quiet and peaceful destination, perfect for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse themselves in nature. While there are limited facilities in Pefka itself, visitors can find everything they need in nearby Keratea, which offers a range of amenities, including shops, restaurants, and cafes.Αρχή φόρμας
The Ellinikon Project is a large-scale urban development project located in the southern suburbs of Athens, Greece. The project involves the redevelopment of the former Ellinikon International Airport site into a new residential, commercial, and recreational hub.
The Ellinikon Project covers an area of approximately 6 million square meters and is expected to include:
- Residential units: The project will include a mix of residential units, including apartments, townhouses, and villas. It is expected to provide housing for over 70,000 people.
- Commercial space: The project will include a mix of commercial space, including office buildings, retail shops, and restaurants.
- Recreational facilities: The project will include a range of recreational facilities, including parks, sports fields, and a marina.
- Cultural facilities: The project will include a new cultural center, which will host events and exhibitions.